- Application on the prescribed format.
- Affidavit of the applicant/father/guardian /Adult children (if any) declaring that they/he/she are/is permanent resident (s) of the J&K State as defined in the constitution of Jammu and Kashmir and that he/she/they has/have neither obtained a PRC from any other area of the State nor has/have applied earlier for the purpose from elsewhere and that the contents of affidavit are true and nothing has been concealed thereof and if the information provided in the application is proved contrary to what has been stated, the applicant shall be liable to penal action as per law/rules in force.
- Attested photo copy of Ration card.
- Birth certificate from School/Municipality/Police station/Medical Officer /Village Chowkidar.
- Certified/attested copy of the current voter list. Copy of the voter list of 1951/1957, if required.
- Copy of PRC of father/grandfather/husband (In case of non-availability an affidavit shall be attached to this effect).
- Certified copies of Misal Haqiyat Jamabandi/Shajra Nasab prior to 1944-AD.
- Form “Alif”/ Certified copy of the cancellation Register, in case of POK displaced persons, wherever required.
- Current Revenue record viz.Jamabani / Khasra Girdawari and Shajra Nasab.
Provided that in respect of a person who belongs to nomadic family of Gujjar and Bakerwal community and does not possess any immovable property in the State, the application shall be accompanied by the following documents as envisaged under notification SRO 92 dated 20th March, 2001, issued by the Revenue Department, under endorsement No. Rev (LB) 70/97 dated 20-03-2001,namely:-
- Permanent Resident certificate of father or grandfather
- Copies of voter list from 1957 onwards
- Copies of revenue record by virtue of which he has obtained immovable property under Government Order No. LB-6, S-432 etc. OR Copies of revenue record whereunder immovable property has been acquired under Agrarian Reforms Act-1976;
- Copy of Choola-Bandi; and
- Copy of Forest Moto of 1944
Provided further that the competent authority after satisfying itself about the genuineness of the claim, made by a person applying for grant of Permanent Resident Certificate and on production of atleast three of the aforementioned documents, may grant the certificate